Friday, March 23, 2012

When you happen upon a cannoli...

Ok, so what I realized this morning is that, when you happen upon a cannoli... it is best to have a cup of coffee to go with it!  This was not the case on Charles Street, today, in Boston.  In all fairness to this cannoli, I did not sit down and enjoy it in the way that I usually do.  Now that I am thinking about it, the thing that I like best about cannolis is sitting, usually in a cafe with my family, eating a cannoli, drinking coffee, and watching the people go by.  This cannoli, from Bella Vita Caffe, did not get any such attention from me.  I happened upon it while my friend Jenny & I were rushing around Boston.  We didn't sit down.  When we got outside, our school nurse called to report that Jenny's daughter had thrown up. I was carrying way too many things.  And, most importantly, I think, I didn't have a cup of coffee to go with it... I was drinking orange juice at the time... not good with a cannoli. But, all in all, it was a very pretty cannoli and Jenny & I shall have a proper visit to Bella Vita one evening this summer!